EYFS: 3.54, 3.64
At Lemongrove Nursery we believe that high-quality care and early learning is promoted by providing children with safe, clean, stimulating, age and stage appropriate resources, toys and equipment.
To ensure this occurs within the nursery, including in our outdoor areas, we will:
- Provide play equipment and resources which are safe and, where applicable, conform to the European Standards for Playground Equipment: EN 1176 and EN 1177, BS EN safety standards or Toys (Safety) Regulation (1995)
- Provide a sufficient quantity of equipment and resources for the number of children registered in the nursery
- Provide resources to meet children’s individual needs and interests
- Provide resources which promote all areas of children’s learning and development
- Select books, equipment and resources which promote positive images of people of all races, cultures, ages, gender and abilities, are non-discriminatory and do not stereotype
- Provide play equipment and resources which promote continuity and progression, provide sufficient challenges and meet the needs and interests of all children
- Store and display resources and equipment where all children can independently choose and select them (as the environment allows)
- Check all resources and equipment before first use to identify any potential risks and again regularly at the beginning of every session and when they are put away at the end of every session.
- We repair and clean or replace any unsafe, worn out, dirty or damaged equipment whenever required
- Keep an inventory of resources and equipment. This records the date on which each item was purchased, and the price paid for it
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the resources including the children’s opinions and interests
- Encourage children to respect the equipment and resources and tidy these away when play has finished. This is into a designated place via the use of pictures so the children can match the resource to.
|This policy was adopted on||Signed on behalf of the nursery||Date for review|
|29th August 2019||01/08/20|